From Koha Wiki
Welcome on board, Captain
Koha is an international project, supported by libraries and developers from all around the world. We're always looking for new people to be involved. The more the better! We're all volunteers here, even if some of us are paid by a company supporting Koha, or by a library.
This page links all the information that you must know to participate to the Community.
There's always something to do, and everybody is welcome to do something. If you don't know where to start, ensure that your library is listed on the User's Pages. One of the most frequent questions people ask is which libraries near them run Koha, and keeping those pages up to date helps answer it.
You don't need to be a developer to participate, there's a lot of things to do that requires no or almost no technical skills.
On this page, you'll find a lot of information about how things work.
First of all, the Koha community releases new versions regularly
- One major version or release is issued every 6 months. This is meant to happen at the end of May and November.
- Minor maintainance versions are issued every month.
The versions are managed by a Release Team that is elected at the beginning of each major release.
The release manager is like the PM for the software. It's their responsibility to ensure that the version is on track.
We have regular meetings on IRC
- Once a month, a general meeting, where we talk about anything, except highly technical questions.
- Once a month, a developer meeting, where we talk about technical things. You're welcome to attend, even if you're not a developer, of course.
If you're a developer and want to submit a new feature, or fix a bug, you should read these pages
- Bug reporting guidelines
- Discover how to Submit a patch
- Once you've submitted a patch, it will be included in Koha after a validation workflow The intent behind the workflow is to ensure that the best code is rolled in without breaking existing features.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Participation"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
Media in category "Participation"
This category contains only the following file.