Documentation Team - Drop-in sessions
These are regular, informal sessions to discuss or work on anything about Koha's documentation. This could cover the work flow for contributing, processes, and anything you would like to know (I might not always have answers!)
Join at https://meet.jit.si/KohaDocumentationTeam (Google Chrome or Chromium browsers supported, no installation required, access to camera and audio requested when you join). (Happy to use Zoom if people prefer).
Organiser: David Nind (contact on IRC (davidnind) or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, 18 November 2022 at 18:00:00 UTC Date and Time
Friday, 25 November 2022 at 09:00:00 UTC Date and Time- cancelled
- Friday, 2 December 2022 at 18:00:00 UTC Date and Time
- If the times don't suit, let me know, and I can reorganise.
- I will see if alternating the times between Europe and the US is useful.
- Email me at david AT davidnind DOT com if you would like a session outside these times, we can sort out a mutually workable time!
Sessions will be informal - add anything you want to know about:
- Any questions
- Live editing (if no other topics)
- Editing using the GitLab web interface - see [session slides and video]
- Editing using a local Git repository and text editor (Git and editor setup)
- Git commit messages
- Current structure of the manual
- Writing tips, style guide, content development guide
Things to do following sessions:
- Create a more structured programme for learning how to contribute to the documentation:
- Overview of the process (base of previous presentations by Chris, Katrin and Caroline)
- Using GitLab for single and multiple changes
- Using a local editor and copy of the repository (using Git for version control)
- reStructuredText tutorial
- Content development guide topics (styles, word list, processes, content types, and so on)
[add session notes]