Bug and Enhancement Discussion
From Koha Wiki
Koha > Community > Participation > IRC Meetings
Koha > Technical > Development
Koha > Technical > Development > RFCs
Bugs and Enhancement discussions
Sometimes, patches or bugs requires some strategic discussion to define the best way to do something. This discussion can be purely technical, or functionnal.
A new bug status "in discussion" has been created in 2011 december, to identify those bugs.
On the 2012 february IRC meeting, we decided the following workflow for those bugs:
- start a wiki page explaining what is to be discussed, what's the problem, what are the possible solutions, with pros and cons
- send a mail to koha-devel and koha mailing lists to let everybody know there's a discussion that started
- let ppl discuss (on the mailing lists or on the wiki) of the possible solutions, pros and cons, until the next IRC meeting, but not less than one full week
- at the next IRC meeting,
- if the discussion (on the wiki or koha-devel) result in a general agreement, nothing specific need to be made (no vote needed)
- if the discussion result in a balanced situation, organize a vote.
- Ppl that can't attend the next IRC meeting can express their vote on the wiki, it will be counted during the IRC meeting
- After the IRC meeting, report the conclusions to the mailing lists, and make the decision real by updating the bugs !
- Technical discussion - Cache handling in Koha - started on 2012-02-08 - Consensus reached on koha-devel
- Technical discussion - Table naming - started on 2012-02-08 - Consensus reached on koha-devel
- Technical discussion - Generalise the use Template Toolkit plugins - started on 2012-02-08 - Consensus reached on koha-devel