From Koha Wiki
We almost reached a consensus for removing all prefixes, there was only one voice that was for use of prefix everywhere. Someone rised the idea of SQL schema, but mySQL don't handle them.
The decision is taken to have no prefix, and remove prefix for aq. The decision is also taken to have "invoice" and not "aqinvoice" even if other acquisition related tables have an aq prefix today
On the page http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DB_schema_bugs, we have referenced some inconsistencies on the database.
One of them is about table naming : acquisition related tables all start by aq, other tables don't have any prefix.
OTOH, Julian has submitted a bug http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=5339 that adds an "invoice" table, related to acquisitions, but don't has a aq prefix.
use a prefix for acquisition only
This solution means Julian would have to rename the "invoice" table to "aqinvoice", and we continue using aq prefix, but only use a prefix for acquisitions
- consistent for acquisition
- clear rule: aq prefix for acquisitions, no prefix otherwise
- easy to implement, no real change for actual Koha
- why having a rule just for acquisition ? Sounds quite unconsistent
Remove all prefix
This means all aq tables would have to be renamed, and the code updated, to remove the aq prefix everywhere
- a lot of work must be done to remove aq prefix everywhere, for a little gain
Define prefix for all module
This means that all table would have a prefix, for example cat for catalogue (catbiblio instead of biblio, catitems instead of items,catauth_header instead of auth_header)
- deciding which prefix for which table will sometimes be hard, when a table is at the frontier of 2 modules
- A lot of work must be done
Use a prefix for aq only
Remove all prefix
* Chris Nighswonger * Claire Hernandez * Colin Campbell * Galen Charlton * Jonathan Druart * Julian Maurice * Marcel de Rooy * Paul Poulain
Define a prefix for all modules