2016-09-09 Global bug squashing day
From Koha Wiki
Global Bug Squashing Days are days when the community dedicates their efforts to working on the Koha community open bugs.
The 24 hours of Friday September 9th 2016, in whatever time zone you are in. (And if that is inconvenient you might choose some other time zone than your own...)
- Starting time - Friday September 9th 2016 starts in Kiritimati, Christmas Island, Kiribati
- Ending time - Friday September 9th 2016 ends in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
How can I help?
Really anything that helps improving Koha! :) I_want_to_help
- Browse the bugs
- Check old open bugs to see if they are still relevant to newer versions
- Weed out duplicate bugs if you see two that are the same
- Add more information to make squashing bugs easier
- Maybe you have seen the bug and know how to reproduce?
- Maybe you have a good workaround to help in the meantime?
- Comment on bugs:
- Librarians especially, we need you to help us with bugs that are 'In Discussion' and share your thoughts and workflows.
- Give feedback on new features and help us figure out how things should work before they become part of Koha
- Test patches, comment on them or even sign them off (more info in resources below)
- Fix, update, or just pretty up the wiki?
- Any questions? Talk to us on IRC!
- You can also follow GBSD on Twitter!
Some helpful resources
- BugZilla: This is where we file all bugs and enhancements for the community - you should create an account here first. With that you can edit/comment/create bugs, or just browse and see what is going on
- Sandboxes: These are test environments that can be used to test open bugs. All you have to do is fill out a simple web form and voila! Everything is setup like magic for testing and sign off
- Find patches for GBSD
- Ways of running koha for development
- KohaDevBox: For the slightly more experienced you can use kohadevbox to install and run your very own Koha development environment in a virtual machine. Download, set a few variables, and run one command to get things running
- koha-testing-docker: For the slightly more experience you can use koha-testing-docker, a self contained docker installation of Koha to test and work on bugs.
- If you are using your own Koha git or gitified installation, these might be helpful: Sign off on patches | Sign off on a pushed branch
- Setting Up Koha in Virtual Environment + Using That as a Development Environment
- Bug-enhancement-patch Workflow
- Version Control Using Git
- Git bz configuration
The following folks have volunteered to help guide testers through all aspects of the sign-off process -- setting up sandboxes or kohadevbox, configuration of git-bz, doing sign-offs with git. and answering general sign-off questions. If you're looking for a guide, simply ask in the #koha irc channel, or use /msg <<irc nick>> (e.g. /msg oleonard ) for a private chat.
(it should be noted that everybody in the community is friendly and helpful; feel free to ask in #koha if you have questions, *someone* will be happy to help, even if those above aren't available).
- Dashboard - the goal is to get your name as high up in the "Monthly Scoreboard" as possible :-)
- bug_status.pl shows the number of bugs that need to be signed off, and the colour will change as the numbers gets lower (60+ = red, 50-60 = yellow, 29-0 = green)
- progress.pl shows the changes of status per date (updated in real time, timezone: UTC) Want to play with the data? Here they are, in JSON format.
- Bugzilla Bar Chart shows how many bugs are in the various states of the QA process
Specials for this GBSD
What are you interested in learning on GBSD?
What are you interested in teaching or presenting during GBSD?
GUI changes (easy)
Take a look at the screenshots attached to the following bug reports and let us know what you think about the proposed change!
- Bug 16421 - Move hold edit actions into dropdown menu (circulation)
- Bug 16640 - Move actions on acquisitions receipt summary page into menu (acquisitions)
- Bug 11375 - Improve patrons permissions display (patrons)
This GBSD is over, time to look back and put some numbers here:
Dashboard Keep in mind we have been adding things to 'Needs Signoff' and patches have been pushed to master: Those are not reflected in the following table:
|Beginning of GBSD||168||70||73||250||75||212|
|End of GBSD||149||78||17||253||83||212|