Translation Manager for 3.4 Proposal
From Koha Wiki
My goals :
- Maintain translation current workflow
- Extend Koha translatability
- Offer a better multilingual support
(1) Maintain – Translation workflow has been greatly improved by Chris for Koha 3.0/3.2. Pootle integration allow translators to translated text in a web browser. I will maintain a Pootle server and pursue seemleesly current translation workflow.
(2) Extend – Some portions of Koha code are not translatable or are 'unilingual'. For example system preference description which depend of installation language or MARC framework labels. I will establish with the community a complete inventory of those area of improvement and propose technical solutions.
(3) Multilinguism – In multilingual Koha installation, and even in a non-roman language catalog, some tweaking are required to get proper data searching, sorting and displaying. I will ask feedback on this subject from 'non-west' users, Arabic and Indian users. I will gather this information and implement generic solutions into Koha.