From Koha Wiki
Solr is a project of the Apache Software Foundation under the Lucene project.
Both Lucene and Solr are sometimes formally identified as Apache Lucene and Apache Solr designating their relationship to the Apache Software Foundation. Solr is sometimes formally identified as Solr/Lucene designating the relationship of Solr to Lucene.
Main Project Pages
Solr/Lucene query syntax is a superset of Lucene query syntax. Lucene query syntax is probably best studied first because of a lack of self contained comprehensive Solr/Lucene query syntax documentation.
Lucene Query Syntax
- Lucene 2.9.1 query parser syntax documentation.
Solr/Lucene Query Syntax
- Solr/Lucene has a wiki page for Solr query syntax.
Koha use of Solr/Lucene Query Syntax
- BibLibre blog posts on their work adding Solr/Lucene support for Koha are available in French and in English following their Switch to Solr RFC.
Summary Documentation with Koha
- Summary descriptions in comparison to other options are including configuration and code functionality relating to Solr/Lucene are contained in Record Indexing and Retrieval Options for Koha. See the direct links to relevant sections from the Switch to Solr RFC.
Demonstration with Koha
- BibLibre Demonstration
- Koha OPAC with Solr/Lucene, http://catalogue.solr-demo.biblibre.com// .
- Koha intranet (administrative interface) with Solr/Lucene, http://solr-demo.biblibre.com/ .
- username: demo
- password: demo
- Solr administration, http://descartes.biblibre.com:8080/solr/admin/ .
- Solr search output, http://descartes.biblibre.com:8080/solr/select/?indent=on&q=myquery .