Post major release tasks
From Koha Wiki
Some things to be done after each major release when the new release team takes over:
- Add new version to the Version pull down in Bugzilla.
- Add new RM, RMaints and QA Team as CC to security bugs so they automatically get informed when a security bug is filed. Requires admin access to Bugzilla.
Bug Clean Up
After every release, it's time to do some housekeeping in Bugzilla. For the past few years the following procedure has been followed:
- Create saved searches with the criteria below.
- Check search results and adapt your criteria if necessary
- Create a backup by exporting search results as CSV files
- Important: Ask Bugzilla admin to turn off email before performing bulk changes!
- Perform bulk changes.
- Important: Ask Bugzilla admin to turn email back on!
Changes to be made:
- The bug is RESOLVED (FIXED, WONTFIX, INVALID, REMIND) and was changed longer than one release cycle ago (count days from last major release before the current one) => CLOSED.
- The bug is 'Pushed to stable' and was last changed longer than one release cycle ago => CLOSED FIXED
- The bug is 'Pushed to master' and was last changed longer than one release cycle ago => CLOSED FIXED
- The bug is 'Pushed to master' or 'Pushed to stable' and was not touched in the last 2 months (changed between x and y days) => RESOLVED FIXED
- Add new version to Jenkins
- Add accounts for the new RM and RMaints
- Setup notifications for the new RM and RMaints
- Create a branch for maintenance of manual for the current stable version
- Ask rangi to update the "latest" symbolic link (https://koha-community.org/manual/latest/en/html/)
- Add the next version to the translate server for both Koha and Manual projects.
- Update the meeting page templates
- Update front page with new version
- Update documentation page with links to new manuals (make sure they have been generated!)
- Add users for the new rmaint/rm roles
- Announce the releases
- Announce the release to librarytechnology.org
- Send SSH public key to Chris/rangi or Martin/ashimema for push access to the community repo (branch-specific and security repo)
- Send SSH key to Galen/gmcharlt for access to download.koha-community.org
Add new version to https://schema.koha-community.org