Live DVD Blueprint
From Koha Wiki
Koha Live DVD: a blue print
Xubuntu 12.04 Xubuntu give traditional desktop and lightweight suitable for new and old computers. We can limit the Live DVD size below 1 GB. Live DVD customisation tool
Very flexible tool, suitable to create clone of the system and can retain the Koha user settings and environment. Suitable for running in live mode and for installation.
3.12.00 ??? Yet to be released
Koha installation method
Koha from Ubuntu packages
Either we can trust existing backup mechanism of Koha or make use other tools like automysqlbackup . Otherwise we can create a shell script to automate backup in every one hour. The location of backup place can be /home/koha/backup.
Audience of the Live DVD
For Koha newbies. Librarians, research scholars, LIS students and teachers.
Extent of Koha customisation
Customisation of Koha in certain extent is needed in Live DVD. It can give a friendly interface for Koha users. Post installation steps should complete in Live DVD. Following are the details of customisations:
- Some sample reports from Koha SQL Report Library
- On and off certain system preferences
- Addition of ACQ cataloguing framework
- Customisation of BKS Framework in cataloguing. Removal of unwanted fields and retaining commonly used MARC tags. See the screenshot. http://picpaste.com/customised-cataloguing-fields-pc9fiUbu.png
Materials to be included in the DVD
Additional tools in Koha Live DVD
- Koha Offline Circulation tool http://kylehall.info/index.php/projects/koha/koha-offline-circulation/
- Koha wallpaper