Koha Software Foundation/Reasons Not To Form One
From Koha Wiki
It's worth discussing reasons not to create a foundation / organisation / association instead of assuming it must be a good thing.
- opportunity for centralised control -- could become disconnected from the existing community process
- the existing scheme might be sufficient
- we already have a long term holder of Koha assets, HLT seems fine; not broke, why fix it
- 'governance' is cited as a good outcome but without specifics or scope described it will mean irreconcilably different things to different people
- Regional organisations could be used to coordinate local resource/idea sharing