From Koha Wiki
Hea: Koha Usage Statistics
|Sponsored by:||Marseille hackfest 2014|
|Developed by:||Alex Arnaud, Julian Maurice, Claire Hernandez, Jonathan Druart, Paul Poulain|
|Bug number:||Bug 11926|
|Work in progress repository:||https://gitlab.com/koha-community/hea-ws https://gitlab.com/koha-community/hea-app|
|Description:|| * Collecting Koha usage statistics (Koha pushes data anonymously or not based on sysprefs)
What is Hea
It a website to collect data from libraries using Koha.
Why these statistics are useful
The main information we will able to have is how many libraries are using Koha?
How big they are? How many patrons are registered? How many items are they?
Moreover, the developers need to know which parts of Koha is used and which other parts are not.
On this way they will concentrate on features used by most people.
They will also be able to clean unused code.
How to collaborate
To have your library data displayed on the website, you just have to follow these instructions:
- Enable the syspref UsageStats
Note that this feature is only present on the 3.18 release, at the moment.
But it will be backport to 3.16 and maybe 3.14 (see the bug report for more information).
You can also set other system preferences related to Hea:
- UsageStatsCountry : The country where your library is located: This will be shown on the Hea Koha community website.
- UsageStatsLibraryName The library name will be shown on the Hea Koha community website. If this field is empty data will be sent anonymously.
- UsageStatsLibraryType The library type will be shown on the Hea Koha community website.
- UsageStatsLibraryUrl The library URL will be shown on the Hea Koha community website.
These data are displayed on the Hea website!
Which data are sent ?
Only the number of lines in these tables (anonymously) :
And some system preference values to know which parts of Koha modules are used. You can find this list of system preference values in C4/UsageStats.pm.
The first time data are sent, a random ID (UsageStatsID) is generated server side. Please don't change it, to not bias the results.
If you want to tell us who you are, you can fill the UsageStatsLibraryName system preference with your library name, UsageStatsLibraryUrl, UsageStatsLibraryType and/or UsageStatsCountry.