KohaCon Meeting, 16 Feb 2010

From Koha Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Koha Conferences > KohaCon10

Contents

KohaCon10 Meeting Minutes

Feb 16

Chair

  • Russel Garlick, Catalyst

In Attendance

  • Jo Ransom, HLT
  • Deborah MacDonald, HLT
  • Irma Birchall, Calyx
  • Bob Birchall, Calyx,
  • Chris Cormack, Catalyst
  • Andy Chilton, Catalyst
  • Richard Anderson, Katipo
  • Rachel Hamilton-Williams, Katipo
  • Brendan Gallagher, Bywater
  • Nicole Engard
  • Pitor Wejman, Bibliteka CSNE
  • Liz Rea, NEKLS
  • Galen Charlton, Equinox
  • Chris Nighswonger, FBC
  • Donovan Jones, Catalyst
  • Reed Wade, Catalyst


Apologies

  • Rosalie Blake

Summary of Agenda Points

Plan

  • The overall plan was presented
  • Sponsorship v Donations
    • The desire it to get sponsorship to cover the costs of the conference, rather than ask for donations from individual attendees
    • Need to get firm budgets on wiki with items that we need sponsorship to cover (Russel and Chris to do)
    • Update wiki with who has provided sponsorship
    • Deborah is the HLT contact for finances
    • All sponsorship activity to be channeled through Russel
  • Programme
    • Nicole is going to handle the programme
    • Chris expressed a desire for the conference to be light on tech - ideal 90% presented/targetted at librarians. Leave tech for Hackfest. (There were lots of good ideas about topics)
    • Chris proposed that the Hackfest was more talk than hack - plan is to incorporate some technical presentations (Git, Perl etc)
    • Plan is to have a link to a Google form on the site that submits to a Google Document
    • Chris and HLT to approach candidate for Keynote
    • Once (if :-)) papers come in, they will be reviewed by a group consisting of Nicole, Brendan, Rosalie, Richard and Bob (did I miss anyone?)
  • Content for website
    • Travel from USA - Brendan and Reed to provide some content
    • Need some suggestions for partners/children
    • Still need some cheaper (aka Backpacker type) accom
    • Irma is going to look into short stay apartments


Roles

  • Roles as per the wiki page were confirmed.
  • Russel is going to head up the logistics/operations effort in Wellington.
  • Nicole is going to look after the programme

Communications

  • All email communication directed to the General Koha List - include Kohacon10 in the subject

Next Meeting

  • After some discussion it was decided that this meeting time works best for the bulk of volunteers who are based in New Zealand and Australia.
  • Need to see if Mark Osbourne can make next IRC meeting to cover Road Trip

Next meeting is set for Wednesday, 17 March 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Wellington time (Tuesday, 16 March 2010 at 21:00:00 UTC)

Personal tools