Drop-in sessions - June 2020
From Koha Wiki
With several new Documentation Team members for 20.11 we're holding some drop in sessions each week to cover workflow, processes, and anything you would like to know (I might not always have answers!)
Join us at https://meet.jit.si/KohaDocumentationTeam (Google Chrome or Chromium browsers supported, no installation required, access to camera and audio requested when you join).
(Backup in case there are any video conference issues - Big Blue Button https://bbb.nzoss.nz/b/dav-9qd-m4v PIN 791487).
Organiser: David Nind (contact on IRC or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Friday, 12 June 2020 at 19:00:00 UTC Date and TimeMarie-Luce from inLibrio
Thursday, 18 June 2020 at 19:00:00 UTC Date and TimeKelly, Donna and Andrew from ByWater (used Zoom)
Friday, 19 June 2020 at 19:00:00 UTC Date and TimeI talked to myself
- Friday, 26 June 2020 at 19:00:00 UTC Date and Time **Use Big Blue Button link***
- Friday, 3 July 2020 at 19:00:00 UTC Date and Time
- If you would prefer earlier times, particularly for Europe, let me know and I can organise.
- Email me a david DOT nind AT gamil DOT com if you would like a session outside these times, we can sort out a mutually workable time!
Sessions will be informal - add anything you want to know about:
- Editing using the GitLab web interface - see [session slides and video]
- Editing using a local Git repository and text editor (Git and editor setup)
- Git commit messages
- Current structure of the manual
- Writing tips, style guide, content development guide
Things to do following sessions
Notes for me:
- Create a more structured programme for learning how to contribute to the documentation:
- Overview of the process (base of previous presentations by Chris, Katrin and Caroline)
- Using GitLab for single and multiple changes
- Using a local editor and copy of the repository (using Git for version control)
- reStructuredText tutorial
- Content development guide topics (styles, word list, processes, content types, and so on)