Development IRC meeting 28 June 2017
From Koha Wiki
Koha > Community > Participation > IRC Meetings
The #koha IRC channel (IRC server irc.oftc.net).
If you don't have an IRC client you can join the meeting using your web browser.
- 28 June 2017, 14:00 UTC Time and Date.com converter for various local times
- Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes)
- Update from the Release manager (17.11)
- Updates from the Release Maintainers
- Updates from the QA team
- General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
- REST api
- tcohen wants to coordinate efforts on this subject
- We need to push [bug 18137] ASAP so we have time work on OpenAPI endpoints for the release. The only problem is coordination between the RM and the packaging manager. The latter needs to make sure the unstable repo contains the updated Mojolicious, OpenAPI and JSON::Validator. This is already done, we just postponed it because we were too close to the 17.05 release.
- Several bugs implement endopoints, and we still have time before the release to make the minor changes needed for the Swagger2 > OpenAPI move
- A decision needs to be made about attribute naming conventions. As an example, [bug 18120] implements an endpoint for vendors. It does a name conversion to make the API exposed attributes match the UI terminology. We should put it explicitly on the coding guidelines.
- The item above shouldn't stop us from populating the API with endpoints, once we have v1 of the API, we can improve it for the next version, and so on. There are no visible objections on REST endpoint bugs actually.
- A special case we (me and Lari) agreed was the /patrons endpoint, in which the traditional 'borrowernumber' attribute could be called 'patron_id'. We agreed on it, but we thought it was worth voting such a decision.
- Elasticsearch integration
- REST api
- Review of coding guidelines
- Set time of next meeting
Please list your name here if you would like to attend but cannot make this meeting
Kidclamp - Missing this one, I am in favor of work continuing on the REST api as Tomas outlines above and will work tomorrow on fixing tests on 18434 to include the followup patch
Feedback on the best times is always welcome below:
- Adding 21 UTC into date rotation would help NZ folks be able to attend
- Minutes (text):