Community Handover IRC Meeting, 2 February 2010
From Koha Wiki
- koha IRC channel (IRC server irc.katipo.co.nz).
If you are behind a firewall that restricts IRC access -OR- prefer to use a web interface to access the channel, you may use one of the following links:
Tuesday, 2 February 2010 at 19:00 UTC+0
Conversions to your local time:
- date -d @1265137200 on any GNU system.
- Time and Date.com converter for various local times.
- Wolfram time converter.
- Welcomes and introductions.
- Report on http://koha-community.org/koha-project-organization/horowhenua-library-trust-koha-committee-rules/
- Report on status of negotiations over assignment of trademarks and domains.
- Possible suggestions on unresolved negotiations.
- Next issues if negotiations have concluded.
- Agree time of next meeting.
- slef = MJ Ray, member of software.coop
- chris_n = Chris Nighswonger, FBC
- gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, 3.2 RM, Equinox
- cait = Katrin Fischer, BSZ
- wizzyrea = Liz Rea, NEKLS
- owen = Owen Leonard, Nelsonville Public Library
- tajoli = Zeno Tajoli, CILEA, Italy
- nengard Nicole C. Engard - Doc Manager & ByWater Solutions
- davi = Davi Diaz, worker for software.coop
- thd = Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
- Nate = Nate Curulla ByWater Solutions
- jwagner = Jane Wagner, PTFS
- Jo = Joann Ransom, Horowhenua Library Trust, NZ
- rosa = Rosalie Blake formerly HLT
- schuster = David Schuster Plano ISD/KUDOS
- brendan = Brendan Gallagher, ByWater Solutions
- sekjal-away = Ian Walls, NYU Health Sciences Libraries
- magnus = Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
- Vickiteal = Vicki Teal Lovely, South Central Library System, Madison, WI, US
- Colin = Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe
- Sharon = Sharon Moreland, NEKLS
- imp = Martin Janitschke, CCC Hannover
- indradg = Indranil Das Gupta, L2C2 Technologies, Kolkata, India
- Ropuch = Piotr Wejman, Biblioteka CSNE, Poland
- hdl_laptop = Henri-Damien LAURENT, BibLibre SARL
- collum = Garry Collum, Kenton County Public Library
Apologies from George Sue (travelling), Lee Philips of Butte Montana (another meeting)
- slef (nominated by thd and chris_n) opened the meeting at 19:05
- Jo reported that the trustees meeting for January was postponed and the draft rules will go to the next Trust meeting being held on 25th Feb. Any last minute suggestions should be done this week.
The only task the community requests of HLT is to use best endeavours to secure the domain name and trademarks. That committee will be dissolved if we turn to be a democratic Association. If the FIXMEs remain when the rules are submitted to the Trust, slef and Jo think it's up to Bob or HLT to decide as they see fit. Jo will post a reminder about the rules drafting wiki page to the mailing list.
- Jo reported that Biblibre and HLT have signed and submitted the documentation for transferring the EU trademark application over to HLT.
HLT has also written to John Yokley twice reminding him about the community wishes for the koha domain and trademark and that we look forwarding to working with him. jwagner repeated what she said the day the sale was announced: (1) No decisions can be made until the sale is final (which it isn't yet). (2) These decisions will be made above our pay grade. (3) We are not authorized to speak for the company, and are still under an NDA. Jo concluded that we need to wait for the Americans, but it is critical for LL / PTFS customers to express their opinions to PTFS. HLT should contact PTFS again in a month.
- The lack of access to the domain name is a real bummer and could easily go on for 3 months.
The LL/PTFS transfer has not completed at the beginning of February as announced. The website still points to old release 3.0.4 and we have the manual to publish. It was agreed that we can't wait another 3 months. HLT registered koha-community.org for a temporary site. This would not be rebranding and we install a redirect when/if we get the main domain back. slef thinks as long as we're clear that we're putting a minimal site live because there is stale info on a site we have no access too, no-one should see it as agression. There is some concern over whether descriptive use is sufficient to avoid the domain being at risk from trademark holders. wizzyrea volunteered to organise the site.
- Negotiations have not concluded.
- Meeting adjourned at 20:19 until 19:00 Tuesday 2 March 2010 for Community Handover IRC Meeting, 2 March 2010
Log is available at http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2010-02-02