Allow override of recall when placing reserve
Normally you cannot place a reserve on an item if a recall for that patron already exists on that biblio. This feature adds the ability to override a recall restriction when placing a reserve, sponsored by Waikato Institute of Technology.
We need two borrowers - Borrower A and Borrower B.
We need a biblio with an item that can be recalled (based on your circulation rules). The AllowHoldPolicyOverride system preference MUST be enabled.
- Check out the item to Borrower A.
- Log into the OPAC as Borrower B and place a recall on the same item.
- Go back to the staff client. Attempt to place a reserve on that item for Borrower B.
- Note that there is an alert "Cannot place reserve" because of the existing recall, however the 'Place hold' button should still be clickable with a warning sign.
- Click the 'Place hold' button, accept the confirmation to allow the reserve
- Confirm the reserve is added.
Go back to main recalls page