Roles for 3.6
From Koha Wiki
With the release of 3.4.0 scheduled for April 22 2011, its time to start thinking about roles for 3.6
Anyone who wants take on any of these roles is more than welcome to put their name next to one and perhaps link to their proposal.
- Release Manager
- Chris Cormack - Paul brought up the idea that 6 months is a too greater change for RM, and that maybe each RM should do 2 releases. I initially didn't like the idea, but I have come around .. and if no one else wants the role, I am willing to do 3.6 as well - (Proposal)
- Translation Manager
- Frédéric Demians -- I propose to continue in this role (as others...) I want to do more on: consolidating the online translation tool (Pootle) ; packaging translation files outside Koha main git repo ; translating templates via the web interface during installation and upgrade.
- Documentation Manager
- Nicole C. Engard (no proposal - I'll just keep doing what I'm doing - and hopefully get the manual searchable)
- Documentation of DB
- Bug Wrangler - Basically this is someone to keep an eye on bugzilla, make sure bugs are being looked at, closed when they are fixed, tested etc. It is a role a non developer could fulfill. Addition (nicomo): reaching out to librarians, developers and the community to have feedback on feature requests, to do some PR about the work done, etc. Id est: not an entirely technically oriented position...
- Marcel de Rooy: Have been doing some of these things (as developer) already. Don't like the word wrangler, but maybe because English is not my native language. Will not have time for the PR stuff. Suppose that the technical part of this role could also be put under assisting the QA manager.
- MJ Ray: I've been trying to link bugs to other community resources for the last few months, as you may have noticed with my systematic posting of links to koha-patches. I've also been doing PR work for RFCs recently. I'd like to do that sort of thing for bugs too. Also, I've two broad practical clean-up moves that I'd like the community to support by choosing me, so I'll mention them here: so that we can concentrate on 3.6, I'd systematically check and RESOLVE WONTFIX the ~140 bugs reported not against maintained versions and I'd suggest reclassifying the 771 bugs reported against master as reported against the version which immediately follows the date they were reported.
- QA Manager
- Ian Walls (proposal)
- Specific Module maintainers
- Release Maintainer
- Chris Nighswonger - In the spirit of Paul's suggestion and Chris Cormack's proposal, I would be willing to continue in the roll of Release Maintainer for a second release. However, if there is someone else wanting to do this, I'll be equally glad to step aside. I propose to continue with my current approach to release maintenance which you may read about here.