General IRC meeting, 13 June 2012
From Koha Wiki
The #koha IRC channel (IRC server irc.oftc.net).
13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0
Conversions to your local time:
- Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes)
- Update on Roadmap to 3.4
- Update on Roadmap to 3.6
- Update on Roadmap to 3.8
- Update on 3.10
- Set final bid slate for KohaCon 2013 vote. (Probably conduct the vote as in past through an electronic ballot.)
- How do we get more people to sign off on bugs?
- Use a keyword in Bugzilla to mark bugs/patches that can be tested with the sandboxes
- Put the names of testers/signoffers in the release notes (more status)
- Put the monthly signoff stats from Chris C. on koha-community.org (more status)
- Offer prizes/bounties for signing off - either on individual bugs or for doing the most signoffs in a given time frame (Mechanical Turk?)
- Organize bug hunts: try to shake out all bugs in module x, and document tests on the wiki and look at the bugs for that module so we could clean up bugzilla and get some serious testing done + get some written test plans that we could try to automate later on
- More ideas? Do other project have systems that work? (Achievement system for Developers OR better use of an existing tool like Ohloh or Chorewars for status and karma?)
- Is the wiki login working for new folks now?
- Move to Gerrit to streamline and optimize workflow?
- Chris has suggested to use a tool like gerrit (http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/Documentation/2.4/intro-quick.html and http://www.slideshare.net/rkabalin/how-mahara-code-revision-works) to do distributed QA on patches
- Actions from General IRC meeting, 2 May 2012
- Set time of next meeting